Mixed Media

Stephanie Garrison has the reclaiming and recycling side of crafting nailed down!  Working from Lawrence, Kansas she designs, drafts, cuts, sews and finishes each piece by hand.  I'm talking talent here! 



 Using recycled leather, fabric, wool, vintage fabrics and buttons.  I especially love the barrettes featured below.  The use of both cut pieces for that leaf is so unique and darling!  Don't they look a bit like eyes and eyelashes?




Nautical is where it's at this season and Stephanie has got that covered with her patterned shirts and color scheme.  I'm hoping to see more of these style shirts in her booth on Sunday.  :)


I am dying to see her work in person.  Just a few more days!  I love the details on the shirt below and am hoping she has another like it at the fair but in a different color scheme...my fair skin just doesn't work well with that yellow and green :(
Please be sure to visit her booth at the fair; for now you can follow this link to her online site and read a bit more on the process she uses and her commitment to participate locally in supporting other small businesses.

No comments: